Entries to the Southern Super Sprint are now open!
Head over to CM:S to get your entry in today.
Racing on Sunday September 13th.
Please find attached a letter outlining the current situation regarding practice days at SGKC.
Grade 4 Officials training link;
COVID Marshal training link;
(forward certificate to email@example.com)
COVID declaration form link;
Thank you in advance for your (ongoing) assistance.
Entries are NOW OPEN for our July 26th race meeting!
Head over to CM:S and get your entry in because SA’s best drivers track is back in business baby!!!
Attention SGKC Members,
We are excited to share instructions regarding how you can return to the track for registered private practice sessions.
Please see images attached;
– SGKC Covid-19 Rules of Use
– Fun Kart Days under Covid-19
Please ensure you read these documents in full and strictly follow the instructions provided; this is for the safety of everyone who attends these registered private practice sessions.
We regretfully inform you that the SGKC Track has been closed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
There will be no race meetings held or practice permitted at SGKC until further notice.
As no one will require access to the track, all gate cards will be deactivated. If you require access, please contact a member of the Executive Committee for assistance.
We will be in contact with you as we learn more about this developing situation.
Yours in karting,
We write to you to keep you informed about what is happening at the club in relation to COVID-19.
Everyone should be receiving email information from Karting Australia (KA) on this matter. Please take the time to read them These emails contain important information which will help keep the whole karting community stay healthy during this period. If you are not receiving any information from KA, please let us know so that we can forward it to you and/or get your details added to KA’s system.
Information from KA includes the travel register form (link). Everyone must complete this form prior to attending a KA licensed race track, including practice days.
KA has already postponed some national level events. At this point, we are unsure what will happen with state level events as government guidelines are changing rapidly. Currently, we do not anticipate any disruption to planned club level events, however we may be directed otherwise at some time in the future.
What has physically happened at the club so far:
- The Men’s and Women’s toilets in the pit area have both been thoroughly cleaned. A huge thanks to the volunteers who completed this for the benefit of all club members (you!). All the floors, toilets, urinals, basins and surfaces were cleaned with bleach. The hand wash soap dispensers were replaced or re-filled. The toilet paper and hand towels were both re-stocked. Once completed, one side of the Women’s toilets and three of the Men’s toilets were locked. This has happened so that we can more easily keep the facilities clean and safe to use for everyone. The locked toilets will remain locked, not to be used until further notice.
- It is now up to YOU, the members, to do your absolute best to keep the club facilities in a clean and tidy manner, so everyone can continue using them safely. Anyone who uses the track regularly would know how quickly the toilets can become ‘untidy’; they don’t get like that by themselves. If you think they need attention, either let us know, or even better, give them a clean. The hand soap bottles are re-filled once empty. Please leave them on the shelf so they can be re-used. At the end of the day, every dollar we spend on replacing toilet items is a dollar we can’t spend on improving the rest of the facility.
- This results in an extremely simple equation; your volunteer committee members do not have the time or resources to be constantly cleaning the facility; it’s going to everyone doing their part to maintain cleanliness. If we need to be continually clean up after everyone, considering COVID-19, then we will be left with no choice but to close the toilets – which will mean closing the track. We really want to avoid this.
Please ensure you complete your KA registration form now (link).
We hope everyone stays healthy and hope to see you out at the track soon.
Yours in karting,
The single and family 12 month memberships have increased from $285 to $295, effective immediately.
Vintage memberships have increased from $100 to $130, effective immediately.
Regional memberships have increased from $100 to $105, effective immediately.
No price change for Social membership ($25).
There is no longer a surcharge for credit card payments.
Entries are now open for our first race meeting of 2020 the Southern ‘Meltdown’.
Head over to CM:S and get entered today!
Club Address: 21-51 Robinson Road Bolivar, SA, 5110
Postal Address: PO Box 3370, Port Adelaide, SA 5015
You can find us on Facebook and Instagram!
Track Operating Hours
TUE - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM
WED - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM
THU - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM
FRI - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM
SAT - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM
SUN - 7.00 AM - 6.30 PM